The Port is excited to offer a shared, community-driven workspace for flex-working professionals where freedom and flexibility is recognized as paramount for overall health, happiness and well-being. The Port’s coworking concept is based on the Scandinavian four day work week. By implementing this tried and true business concept, The Port operates to allow independent workers the opportunity to shift their working behaviours and perspectives to meet their personal and professional goals of creating the perfect work-life balance we all crave.
From Monday through Thursday, join the folks who aim to make work and family fit in their schedule, budget and lifestyle. Join the creative collective who values working at a place where social opportunities, networking prospects and the freedom of isolation from working at home are available. A place where we learn from each other, hire each other, and support each other. A place where members enjoy a common value and passion for thoughtful design, upscale amenities and curated programming. Let yourself be wooed by the promise of coworking at The Port! A beautiful space, flexible memberships, complimentary coffee/tea on demand, robust and relevant events programming centered around entrepreneurship, learning and wellness and so much more.
Guiding Principles for WORK at The Port:
- Collaboration over competition is always a nicer way to work.
- Connection through shared space over Isolation at home.
- Full-time employment can be completed within a 4 day work-week
- Having a welcoming and accessible space for all.
- Work is a necessary component of a well-lived life.
The Port's Coworking Membership provides the following benefits and amenities:
- Access to the space during normal operating hours for the membership you have chosen (The Port will be open for coworking from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday through Thursday
- All memberships include the opportunity to participate in and shape the Coworking community through suggestion boxes and members only meetings - participate as much as you'd like and on your own terms
- Every membership is month-to-month, unless you prefer to pay annually and save (one month free)
- Access to the fastest WIFI speed available (2 modems service The Port)
- Lush greenery & natural light
- Variable Space Configuration of desks and lounge furniture for your comfort and working style
- Complimentary Unlimited locally Roasted Coffee
- Complimentary Organic Tea (various flavours)
- Complimentary Fruit Snacks
- Flexible workstations (fixed desk; lounge furniture with laptop desks; egg, rocking and accent chairs with laptop desks)
- Office supplies (hole punch, stapler, charging cords, desk light)
- Printing + copying services (10 pages per week - more can be added for 15 cents per page after first 10)
- Optional Mail Service
- Optional Locker Storage (for a fee for part-time members)
- 10% Discount on event space rentals (evenings & weekends) OR the 10% discount to be donated to the charity of your choice and in your name (and The Port will match the donation up to a value of $250)
- Ability to host guests and colleagues
- Healthy Breakfast + Lunch options available on site (for a fee)
- Nearby alternative food options
- Lunch & Learn Mondays (the first Monday of every month) 12:00 PM -1:00 PM
- Tweakshop Tuesdays (the second Tuesday of every month)12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Wellness Wednesdays (the third Wednesday of every month) 11:00 AM -12:00 PM
- Wine Down Social Thursdays (the fourth Thursday of every month) * Members Only Meeting & After Hours Mixers (discounted bar drinks) 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- With an abundance of included amenities and optional add-ons, you'll have everything you need to make coming into work a pleasure experience.
Coming in the Future:
Boardroom for independent work, team meetings and/or for hosting clients (Fall, 2022)
Discounts to partner services and shops (Fall, 2022)
Open-air courtyard with fire feature for dining, relaxing or meeting with clients (Summer, 2023)
$329 PER MONTH
Access to The Port everyday (Monday through Thursday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
Access to future boardroom (4 hours per month - guests are free)
Use of mailing address
Personal locker for laptop and belongings (accessed between 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
Discounts to events held at The Port after hours and weekends
$219 PER MONTH
Access up to 2 days per calendar week
Access to future boardroom (2 hours per month - guests are free)
Discount on additional days ($20 per additional day)
Use of mailing address
$329 PER MONTH
All features included in the full-time membership but shared between up to 3 people
Monthly invoice can be split up to 3 ways for tax purposes
PART TIME MEMBERSHIP
$279 PER MONTH
All features included in the part-time membership but shared between two people
Monthly invoice can be split up to 2 way for tax purposes
$29 PER DAY
People interested in dropping in for the day can do so for a day rate, provided there is sufficient space. Please contact us ahead of time for availability at 905-885-7878 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
$89 PER MONTH
Use of mailing address for letters and small packages
Phone call or text messaging advising when mail and packages have arrived